What do students say about GTE Financial?
Graduate to a Go Student checking account with GTE
Free online and mobile banking. Over 30,000 free ATMs. AND you can even earn $25 for each new friend you refer. It’s straight-up, no gimmick checking for your busy student life.
For Students 12 to 24 Years Old
One of the most unique aspects of our financial institution is the commitment to serving students in meaningful ways. We offer a host of awesome student opportunities from scholarships, to internships, careers, and great-rate student loans.
If you’re looking to kick-start your finances and have convenient access to your money, check out the Go Student account.
For extra benefits that help prevent and fight fraud, you may also want to consider our Go Premium Checking for
a low cost of $4.95 per month.
- The Go Student account is absolutely FREE!
- Banking has never been more convenient!
- Lose your Debit Card or need a card right now? We can instant issue at every location!
- Want your paycheck deposited automatically into your account? We’ve got Direct Deposit!
- Get a paper check and want to deposit it with your phone? Use the GTE Mobile App
- Sign-up for eStatement and get two big benefits:
- 1 waived Non-Sufficient Funds fee per month. If you accidentally spend more than you have, we’ll waive the $35 charge for overdrawing your account. Make sure to sign-up for Account Balance alerts and use our FREE virtual banking
services to check your money status 24/7.
- 1 waived foreign GTE ATM fee per month.
- Your FREE EMV-equipped Debit Card comes with Go Points and Ampre built-in! See all the ways
you can earn points fast to redeem for cash back, gift cards, travel and more. Just 3,000 points = $25!
- Plus, you have access to all the convenience services you love!
- 30,000+ FREE ATMs
- 24/7 Virtual Banking (Online, Mobile or Telephone)
- Remote Deposit – with the GTE Mobile App
- Bill Pay, Popmoney and Friends & Family
- UNLIMITED check writing
- Direct Deposit
- Member Referral bonus (Earn $25!)
OPEN AN ACCOUNT ONLINE
GO STUDENT CHECKING FAQs
If you're under the age of 13, you'll need to visit one of our locations to open an account.
FIND A LOCATION
Bumming rides is a bummer
You gotta get to class, to work or just around town. And GTE can put you in a ride of your very own! Buying your first car? Looking at a new or used car? No problem.
- The great rates that GTE Financial offers mean lower payments
- Buy solo or with a co-signer
- First-time auto loans up to $18,000
- Fast, online pre-approval
And check out these free, real-world tools to help you through the car buying process:
Apply for a GTE Auto Loan and get everywhere you need to go without
Applying is easy
Get a GTE Financial vehicle loan today!
If you are a member, you can easily apply for a GTE Financial Vehicle Loan by logging into Online Banking and clicking on ‘Apply for a Loan’ under ‘New Accounts’ in the main navigation.
If you are not a member yet, please visit our online application page.
If you prefer, you can also visit a location or call us at 813.871.2690 or toll-free at 1.888.871.2690 to apply.
FIND A LOCATION
We’re hiring Tampa Bay students
Part-time work for great pay and benefits!
We’re looking for trailblazers who are looking to make a difference in their community. GTE Financial wants local students to be part of our cutting-edge concept: 100% student-powered financial centers. We’re looking for leaders who are ready to serve members and guide fellow students with their financial needs.
See Current Student Openings See the GTE Difference
In addition to valuable experience, you will receive a range of excellent benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Computer Purchase Program
- Earn Academic Credit: Not only will you be paid, but you have the opportunity to earn credit toward your degree! (Note: Academic credit is limited to participating campuses)
- Employee Referral Program: Earn money when your friends become employed at GTE.
- Employee Incentives: You get bonuses when GTE meets its organizational goal.
- Free Access to the Wellness Center: A state-of-the-art gym located at GTE's headquarters.
- Growth opportunities & valuable experience
Please visit our FAQ page to see if you have what it takes to work at GTE’s student-operated credit union! Visit our Careers page to view open positions and apply. Potential candidates are considered as applications are submitted.
Interested? Apply Now! Questions? Email us at StudentFinancialCenter@gtefinancial.org or call 813.871.2690 ext 28099.